OVER 60 YEARS OF CARING
Since 1954, Visiting Homemaker Home Health Aide Service of Bergen County has been the premier nonprofit home care service firm in Bergen County.
We have provided in-home assistance that has helped thousands of people to live with dignity and independence in the security and comfort of their familiar home environments.
Our services give families peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are safely cared for by compassionate, skilled, and mature certified home health aides.
COMMITMENT TO HIGHEST QUALITY SERVICE …admitting our home health aides into your home is an act of trust. We consistently earn that trust through our unflinching commitment to the highest quality service. You deserve the best in caregiving and, with over 50 years of experience, Visiting Homemaker brings that to you.
Our focus is on the people we serve…
All the members of our service team are committed to your care. We know our aides. They have been with us for years — many for over a decade.
Thank you for your good service and the wonderful lady, Jemina. Without her and you people I would be in a nursing home because I have no family at all.
Every member of our service team undergoes extensive screening – including personal and professional reference checks and health screenings. We are fully insured and covered by workers’ compensation insurance.
Our professional nurses closely supervise all the care you receive. As part of our commitment to place the welfare of our clients above all else, bi-monthly visits by Registered Nurses are provided at no charge to the client.
I am a 75 year old handicapped woman who lives alone. Your program has enabled me to live in my house and lead a lifestyle which makes me feel independent…
Our Home Care and Companion Services Help
- Older adults
- Adults and children with disabilities
- Frail elderly needing a helping hand to remain at home
- People with chronic illnesses
- Family caregivers who need relief
- People convalescing from illness
- New mothers and their babies
- Accident victims
- Patients who need temporary assistance while they recover
Everyone’s situation is unique. That’s why we offer a wide variety of services— you use only those services that you need. Our registered nurses visit you prior to starting service to assess your situation. They then guide and assist you in arranging the care that is just right for you.
Services can be arranged for as little as a few hours a week or for up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Approved provider for:
- Bergen County Board of Social Services
- Health First NJ
- Shelter Our Sisters
- Global Options (GO)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Jersey Assistance for Community Caregiving
- Veterans Affairs
- Horizon Blue Cross
- Jewish Home @ Home
- Bergen County Department of Human Services
- Heightened Independence and Progress
Affiliations and Memberships
- North Jersey Home Care Association
- Community Chest
- Hackensack Regional Chamber of Commerce
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice
- Caregiver Coalition of Bergen County
- Community Resource Council
- Home Care Council of New Jersey
- Volunteer Center of Bergen County, Inc.
Thank you so much for caring, selfless people who make life so much more livable. This program has allowed me to stay in my home.